Does it ever feel like life is getting more and more complicated?
The more you do to make it less complicated the more complicated it gets?
That's certainly how it feels to me. At least some of the time and especially right now.
I thought I would make a list of some of things that are most important to me, just to remind myself it's not really all that complicated, well, not really right?
What's most important to you?
1)Family: Yes, it's most important to many people, To most people really. Maybe it just took me longer than most to appreciate what I've got. I've got a wonderful family, I consider myself truly blessed with a spectacular family. Sadly though, sister and her husband are a million miles away in CA, my brother's in Germany right now and my parents live in Toledo, OH which is at least 580 miles away from me. I've decided I hate the distance.
Yeah, I said it.
I miss them all terribly. All of them.
I want to have my parents over for dinner on Sunday night, be able to wake up and pop over to my parents house to grab a coffee with my mom, or go fishing with my Papa. I want to be able to call my sister sister at 8am and it actually be 8am where she is too. I want to get to know my brother better, 6 years is a big age difference between siblings, but he's my blood and he's cool and I want to be closer to him. I know it's too much to ask to get them all to move to North Carolina, but I'll dream big for now. They would all love living here, they just don't know it yet. I wonderful if I could get POA (Power of Attorney for those not in the financial industry) on my parents before they lose their faculties and make them move here?
I have to say I think North Carolina is far superior to the places they live, but that's just my opinion.
2) My Home North Carolina: NC is clearly the reason why I'm not moving back to OH to be with that family I love oh so much, North Carolina is my home. NC is my home the way Toledo is my parent's home. There's a great rap song that came out in the early 2000's not sure when or who sings it, but the lyrics were to the effect of "everybody knows Carolina's my home. This is my heart baby, this is my home". That's how I feel, down to the bones. I'm madly and deeply in love with her beaches, and mountains and farm land. Some times I get the urge to leave, I know the world is bigger and broader than North Carolina, but for now I'm stuck, enchanted by her bike trails, local farmers, and majestic beauty.
I fear the day I fall Madly and deeply in love with someone that will want to rip me away from her, from NC, From my heart, because really that could happen. I suppose I could fall in love with other places too and stretch my heart open even more, but for now, ah North Carolina, your beaches they calm (until the oil hits them that is), your mountains they inspire, your baby blues skies make my heart leap with joy and fill up with a smile on the inside.
North Carolina you make me happy. Wielfaert family don't you want to move here? Yes, some day I'll retire to France, but for Now North Carolina, Your fingers are wrapped tightly around my heart.
3) My Bikes: Oh peddle, peddle, peddle, coast. Feel the breeze through my hair. The Freedom of being on a bike, of moving my legs, the sun hot on my back, sweat pouring from my pores. Need I go on?
4) My Amazing friends: You read my blog you know who I'm talking about. They however can be more spread out than my family. UGGGHH
5) My dog: Yes, he keeps me warm at night and spoons like no other.
6) Cooking: Oh, such a passion, and allows me to connect deeper with the people I love. Filling the bellies of friends and family, nourishing the people I love, it's my way of communicating with those around me.
7) Coffee: How in gods name could I leave coffee off the list?
8) Yoga: It keeps my grounded and searching for my inner self. But you don't need a picture to know that.
What's your list? what's simple to you? What simple things have become increasingly more complicated? I'm dying to know.