What's good Darlin? Here's some extra inspiration for your holiday weekend!
This week's five things!
1) This Leadership Podcast Beautifully Equipped has an Episode called "Own your Power" that had me motivated, and excited through an entire run! I think you'll learn a lot from it.
2) This Video On "the Secret to Self-Motivation" was so powerful! It's Mel Robins. SO SO GOOD
3) My Friend Hillary Norman told me about this App called BrainWave to help get your brain in certain brain wave cycles for different things like sleep or productivity. I've downloaded it listened to it for 30 minutes while reading before bed last night. Very relaxing!
4) I stumbled upon this book this week "Sohpie's World" and after I downloaded it last night I found myself 55 pages in without blinking an eye. I'm loving it.
5) This Quote "Everything that is Real was Imagined First" -The Velvetine Rabit.
Don't forget you can try Pure Barre Greensboro with the code YOKE15 for 15% off any package! Come take a class with me next week!
Were you at the Wise women Wednesday panel last night? We'd love to know what your biggest takeaways were please comment below. If you missed it, you catch it right here right now.
When you’re too scared to make a decision or to take a new path, think of the worst-case scenario that could happen. It’s almost always not really that scary. Facing fear head-on makes it less frightening!
The last few law of attraction meditations have been a big hit, so I've made you another based on what Abraham calls Segment Intending. That's the practice of deliberately stopping between different parts of your day, taking a mindful moment and calling to mind the type of experience you want to have. It's my hope this meditation will inspire you to craft a life filled with the experiences and interactions you want to cultivate in the world. This meditation is 9 minutes 34 seconds.
I'm heading north, driving to OH to see family as you read this! My sister and brother-in-law are back from India and it will the first time that my whole immediate family has been together in the last two year. I'm really overjoyed and I hope that you have something that wonderful to look forward to as well, but in the mean time here are this week’s 5 things!
“Remember that whatever you go through, no matter how sucky, complicated, or exhilarating, is laying the groundwork for something else. It’s all stepping stones, and they’re all necessary.”
Today's meditation is all about healing. Healing something physical or emotional. This meditation is 10 minutes and 18 seconds. It's not the best sound recording ever but I liked what I said too much to re-record it. I hope the sound blips and the random fireworks from the stadium by my house aren't too distracting. I also hope it brings you peace and well-being.
I believe sharing this as a female is not only important but also a radical act of protest against the patriarchy. A radical act against a system that’s tried to tell women to toughen up and grow a thicker skin when this is precisely what often makes us really damn tough already.
I’ve got lots of delightful tidbits for you in today’s coffee break! Check out this weeks 5 things and a few bonus things as well. And Spread the love!!! If you adore these coffee breaks, do share them with a friend.
“It was as if I got a permission slip backed by science to allow myself to be more childlike, to embrace the pretty rock because it actually does have magical healing powers.”
“I am enjoying getting to know this part of me that has always been there that is now able to grow and evolve in this period of my life.”