Each year at the close I like to spend time in reflection. What stands out, what went well or not so well? It helps me keep things in perspective. In my review I go through the previous year by month (my calendar is a big help here) and pick what stands out. This is what stood out to me personally in 2014.
- January: My parents came to visit early January Attended the Yoga Sutra's Workshop in Asheville as a part of my E-RYT program Realities of owning an old home struck when I needed to replace my toilette Went to FL for National Sales Conference was recognized for Leaders Club
- February: Tumbleweed got me a swatch watch for Valentines day Was in the middle of Leadership Greensboro activities The "Love Yourself Vision and Goal Setting" workshop at the studio went over well My good friend Chelsea from Toledo came to visit me at the end of February
- March: Tumbleweed and I attended NAHMB in Charolette. Great weekend of bikes, yummy food and friends My sister came to visit me from San Diego I interviewed for a team lead position that I didn't get and learned a lot from that process
- April: Ran the Pilot Mountain Payback and came in second place female Went to Toledo to run the Glass City Half Marathon with my dad and PR'd with 1:51
- May: Graduated from Leadership Greensboro Rode Gears and Cheers with my friend Amy
- June: Went to Nevis in The West Indies with Tumbleweed Began working with Start-Up Lab Began thinking more strategically about what the yoga studio needs to be successful long-term Traded in the unreliable 10 year old Volkswagen Beetle for a reliable work horse: A Honda Fit, Hello Car Payment
- July: Celebrated 1 year anniversary with Tumbleweed Tumbleweed and I hiked Grandfather Mountain and was magical!
- August: Working on re-branding the studio at the advice of The Start-Up Lab My parents made a whirlwind weekend visit and helped me paint the studio
- September: Tumblweed and I traveled to Boston for a wedding and had a blast! Visited Seven Cycles, ate oysters, and visited the Edward Gorey house Attended the summer sales conference at work Ran Salem Lake 30k my longest race ever Got very sick Went to Saluda
- October: Still very under the weather from being sick at the end of September Skipped the Triple Lakes half Marathon for the first time in 3 years to Hike Rocky Knob with Tumbleweed, thought it wouldn't be as strenuous as the half marathon (boy was I wrong, but it was a beautiful day!)
- November: Spent a lot of this month not running (boo!!!!) Tumbleweed and I went to Toledo to celebrate my Dad's 60th B-day Celebrated my 32nd Birthday Spent Thanksgiving in Saluda and made Indian food instead of traditional Turkey day food
- December: Celebrated the two year anniversary of Greensboro Downtown Yoga Started a Knitting group at the studio Bad cold came back Ran very little (double boo!) Began seriously planning the YTT for Greensboro Downtown Yoga with my friend Andra Taught a Yoga Mala for the first time Closed the year with record high sales for my day job
What stands out to me is that I Ran a lot of miles 630 to be exact, I did some fun things, I accomplished a lot personally, professionally, at the yoga studio and I learned hard lessons.
In 2015 I'm focusing on staying healthy, being present/mindful, and being more loving. I think it's going to be a fun ride.