I'm jetting out of Greensboro this weekend to visit my awesome cousin Erin. It's a quick trip only a few days and my goal is always light and fast. A few weeks ago I suggested to Greenergrass.com that he should do a post about what he always travels with since he clocks more mile than most in a year. It seemed to be a big hit! I thought maybe you'd like to know what I MUST travel withs are too?
Here it goes...
If I'm traveling somewhere there are a few musts!
1. Sharpies: I write every single morning and sharpies in all colors with an ultra fine point are my preferred tool.
2. Lavender Essential Oil: This smell calms me down and makes me feel better if I'm getting stressed out. It's a little luxury with a lasting effect.
3. Garmin Forerunner: I'm a runner, not a fast runner, but a runner none the less and I get a huge kick out of uploading a run from a different city. It's the little things right?!
4. Hair Tie: This is always useful
5. Lip gloss: What can I say? I like to look girlie
6. Wallet: I doubt this needs an explanation
7. Cannon Rebel: Taking pictures is a way to slow down and pay attention to your experiences. Photography for me is a form of meditation and certainly a way of experiencing my travel.
Here's the thing books are heavy and that slightly goes against my Light and fast creed however; for me there are some that are necessary.
1. Dannelle Laporte Desire Map Day Planner: This doesn't always travel with me, but Erin and I are planning a trip for you and we are going to be hammering out the details this weekend so it's necessary even though it's heavy!
2. Shinola Detroit Soft Linen Ruled Page Journal: Necessary if you write every day and I am particular.
3. Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins: I've read this book and it's gotta be one of my top 5 favorite books right now. I'm signed up for a writing retreat in Mexico later in February and I need to bring a passage of writing I really love so I'm doing homework on the flight over to DFW.
4. Mary Oliver Poetry: I'm really into her work right now. reading and rereading her poems these are items for my soul.
The big red bag with Elephants includes my clothes, toiletries, running shoes and intimates. I keep it as simple as possible there. What are your must haves when you travel?