Thanks for following along this week. Let's pour a cup of coffee and take 5 minutes and dive into these quick delightful random things I've been paying attention to on the internet this week.
1) This Video of two older women in Russia Dancing on video as a protest.
2) This article about the 13 things you need to give up to be happy.
3) Snail mail is my love language. Writing letters, getting letters, it’s important to me to give and get letters. In this world of e-mail, and texting I crave getting a handwritten letter more than anything else, so I often give when I’m not getting. I send over 30 handwritten notes a month and this short TEDx talk about sending letters warmed my heart.
4) I’m really inspired by what Gale Straub has created with She Explores I even did a Wise Women Wednesday Interview with her. I gather a lot of inspiration from her Instagram @she_Explores and I think you'll be inspired by it too.
5) This quote hit me where I needed it the other day. “No man is more unhappy than he who never faces adversity. For he is not permitted to prove himself.” -Seneca
Bonus: Have you been following along on the Blog? I'm proud of the work coming out recently and I think you'd really enjoy it. Check it out if you haven't read it yet...
*Most Read Wise Women Wednesday Ever. Hilda Tajalli
*The Truth About My Single Life
*Forrest Flowers Meditation
Love and hugs!
Coming home from Yoga on a cold February day this year I’d just pulled into my neighborhood in the middle of the city of Greensboro when a fox crossed my path. I felt certain it was an omen and looked up the meaning of seeing a fox cross your path.
“I’m Kennedy Briane Currie, born and raised in Greensboro, NC, a believer, aspiring relationship coach, and founder of Herelationship–the networking platform devoted to early-career women looking to grow and incorporate faith into their personal and professional relationships.”
“if I had such an opportunity to pass on wisdom, I’d tell her to stop worrying so much about hurting other people’s feelings and to be true to herself above all else”
“To be yourself and own it with fearless confidence! Never listen to what that kid on the bus had to say to you and never force yourself to do something you never wanted to.”
Trust the process. Every day since those days had a purpose, a deeper meaning. Everything is a stepping stone. Something I still have to remind myself daily.
“Stand up for what you know is right. Read more, pray more, learn more, lay your worries down, and always be kind – even when you don’t want to.”
“sometimes the most beneficial way to love someone is to say no. Both my parents taught me the value of healthy boundaries to protect my energy and creativity and how to be bright and beautiful in a world hell bent on attempting to control our minds and spirits.”
“Everything you need is already within you.” Continue breathing life to the light that is within you. Even when that light goes dim inside of you, you always have the chance to make it brighter, warmer and extend that light to all of those around you.
“I’m so glad you were too stubborn and too curious to quit! I’m so proud of you! “
“I am excited about coming to the shop each day. I have a good host of regulars and I meet new people every day. I love connecting people, and have a habit of introducing people. I’ve even done some successful romantic match-making!”