What a wonderful week it's been and I'm so happy it's over and I'm shutting down and heading to the beach this afternoon!! DOING A HAPPY DANCE!!!
Here are this week's 5 things for you...
1) I made a playlist for you! Last Sunday it was pouring down rain and I had all the feels. I think this Spotify playlist Rainy Day Feels sums it up pretty well. I hope you'll enjoy it.
2) I've been a workaholic recently and my favorite way to shut off is to read. Do you like YA, young adult literature? I do when it's good. I devoured this book "The Truth about Forever" by Sarah Dessen, it's about a young girl processing grief after her dad passes away and has a little love story too.
3) Because I'm a voracious reader I'm also halfway through "Educated" a memoir by Tara Westover about her life growing up without being sent to school, or homeschooled. She grew up in a Mormon community and her dad rejected anything that made the family reliant on the government. This book is mindblowing and Tara is a beautiful writer! Savor this book with me.
4) The podcast that was getting me through my middle of the day way too hot to be out running runs was Snap Judgment, one episode that got me was called "The suitcase of love and shame"
5) I made you a mediation! This week's mediation was Miracles are Natural.
If you're craving the beach like I am these days. Join me in Beaufort, NC this October for "Cultivating Your Creative Spirit Seaside". Be sure to get in on the early bird special while it lasts!
If you LOVE your coffee break with Yoke and Abundance, please share it with your friends. Don't keep us a secret
“By helping people understand themselves, we begin to foster more effective communication and a deeper understanding of one another. I love helping people learn to leverage their strengths for success both in the workplace and in their personal lives.”
Be an Integral Part of the Yoke and Abundance Community: Become an Ambassador!
“Never allow anyone or anything to stand in the way of your dreams.”
“I’m all for practicing maximum enthusiasm! Not taking myself too seriously and getting jazzed about the little things truly helps me be a better person. Some of my favorite little things to get excited about are dance parties, bacon egg and cheese biscuits, giving people high fives, funny animal videos on Instagram, woodland creatures in general, and everything Taylor Swift.”
“When in doubt put your #teethout. Smile because it's the easiest thing to do with your mouth”
“Performance is your God-given strength. USE IT! When your not accepted, USE IT. When your dad try’s to talk you out of it. DO IT! When it comes to choosing World History over improv— CHOOSE IMPROV YOUR CRAZYNUT!!!!!”
“Momentum breeds momentum. And it all starts with you showing up – creating success, going to it, not waiting for it to come to you. Dreams are built one day at a time.”
Remember to continue doing well to others, but never forget to be good to yourself. I was in my early 40’s before I began the process of learning to my ‘inner me’.
I firmly believe you can't take massive action towards what you want if you're not prepared and rest is an essential ingredient in preparing to close the gap between where you are and where you want to be.
Wanted: Kind Open-Hearted Roommate