What a wonderful week it's been and I'm so happy it's over and I'm shutting down and heading to the beach this afternoon!! DOING A HAPPY DANCE!!!
Here are this week's 5 things for you...
1) I made a playlist for you! Last Sunday it was pouring down rain and I had all the feels. I think this Spotify playlist Rainy Day Feels sums it up pretty well. I hope you'll enjoy it.
2) I've been a workaholic recently and my favorite way to shut off is to read. Do you like YA, young adult literature? I do when it's good. I devoured this book "The Truth about Forever" by Sarah Dessen, it's about a young girl processing grief after her dad passes away and has a little love story too.
3) Because I'm a voracious reader I'm also halfway through "Educated" a memoir by Tara Westover about her life growing up without being sent to school, or homeschooled. She grew up in a Mormon community and her dad rejected anything that made the family reliant on the government. This book is mindblowing and Tara is a beautiful writer! Savor this book with me.
4) The podcast that was getting me through my middle of the day way too hot to be out running runs was Snap Judgment, one episode that got me was called "The suitcase of love and shame"
5) I made you a mediation! This week's mediation was Miracles are Natural.
If you're craving the beach like I am these days. Join me in Beaufort, NC this October for "Cultivating Your Creative Spirit Seaside". Be sure to get in on the early bird special while it lasts!
If you LOVE your coffee break with Yoke and Abundance, please share it with your friends. Don't keep us a secret
“Knowing my children are watching me. I always tell them that can’t is a bad word and once you say it your brain shuts down. This means I can’t say can’t.”
Like a fantastic glass of wine with a delicious meal, a year ahead spread pairs perfectly with a Power Hour coaching session. Looking at a year ahead spread during a power hour gives you a different lens to talk about where you are and where you want to be. It’s a powerful game changer.
“there is no other way to truly get what you want in life than to earn it. I would tell myself that I am good enough just the way I am, I don’t have to be anyone or anything else in order to matter.”
“It is always important to remember why you are doing the work you are doing.
The same is true in life: It is KEY to identify what you want before you begin taking steps to get there.”
“Balance is a good thing, and harder to achieve than it seems like it should be! Be disciplined and do your best, but not to the point of isolating yourself from the world or people around you. In the end, it’s your experiences and the people you meet that will impact you more…”
Coming home from Yoga on a cold February day this year I’d just pulled into my neighborhood in the middle of the city of Greensboro when a fox crossed my path. I felt certain it was an omen and looked up the meaning of seeing a fox cross your path.
“I’m Kennedy Briane Currie, born and raised in Greensboro, NC, a believer, aspiring relationship coach, and founder of Herelationship–the networking platform devoted to early-career women looking to grow and incorporate faith into their personal and professional relationships.”
“if I had such an opportunity to pass on wisdom, I’d tell her to stop worrying so much about hurting other people’s feelings and to be true to herself above all else”
“To be yourself and own it with fearless confidence! Never listen to what that kid on the bus had to say to you and never force yourself to do something you never wanted to.”
Trust the process. Every day since those days had a purpose, a deeper meaning. Everything is a stepping stone. Something I still have to remind myself daily.