Here are this week's 5 things for you...
1) I'll be trying out recipes this week for the upcoming beach retreat I'm hosting with Betsy Bertram this October "Cultivating Your Creative Spirit Seaside". The recipe I'll be playing with this weekend is a Quinoa Taco Bowl. Does that sound yummy to you?
2) Next up on my reading list is Eating By the Light of The Moon: How women can transform their relationships with food through myths, Metaphors, and storytelling.
3) Did you listen to this week's podcast? In it, I talk with Lindley Battle about "Believing in Yourself" even when you've almost failed. Can you believe this talented photographer almost failed her first college photography class? She also drops knowledge on how to say no.
4) I spent last weekend with my dear friend Maia Dery. She is one of the wisest women I know. I've shared her Waves to Wisdom podcast here before, but I think you'll really enjoy this one where she interviews filmmaker, writer, and surfer Elizabeth Pepin Silva.
5) In case you need to hear it. The quote I'll leave you with today "You are worthy of your Dreams" -Alisha
If you LOVE your coffee break with Yoke and Abundance, please share it with your friends. Don't keep us a secret
“sometimes the most beneficial way to love someone is to say no. Both my parents taught me the value of healthy boundaries to protect my energy and creativity and how to be bright and beautiful in a world hell bent on attempting to control our minds and spirits.”
“Everything you need is already within you.” Continue breathing life to the light that is within you. Even when that light goes dim inside of you, you always have the chance to make it brighter, warmer and extend that light to all of those around you.
“I’m so glad you were too stubborn and too curious to quit! I’m so proud of you! “
“I am excited about coming to the shop each day. I have a good host of regulars and I meet new people every day. I love connecting people, and have a habit of introducing people. I’ve even done some successful romantic match-making!”
Feeling cold, wet and hoping to fight off a cold or flu? Then this is the recipe for you!
“By helping people understand themselves, we begin to foster more effective communication and a deeper understanding of one another. I love helping people learn to leverage their strengths for success both in the workplace and in their personal lives.”
Be an Integral Part of the Yoke and Abundance Community: Become an Ambassador!
“Never allow anyone or anything to stand in the way of your dreams.”
“I’m all for practicing maximum enthusiasm! Not taking myself too seriously and getting jazzed about the little things truly helps me be a better person. Some of my favorite little things to get excited about are dance parties, bacon egg and cheese biscuits, giving people high fives, funny animal videos on Instagram, woodland creatures in general, and everything Taylor Swift.”
“When in doubt put your #teethout. Smile because it's the easiest thing to do with your mouth”