Let's take a coffee break. I'm traveling through Europe this week and it's so full of wild and wonderful things that I must share in today's coffee break!
1) My post this week on Flowing through Basel and Strasbourg on the Ms. Inspire
2) One of my favorite things about France is Escargot. Here's a recipe to prepare it yourself at home.
3) Did you see this interview I hosted this week with Christie Soper of Suncierge? I love finding out how entrepreneurs got their start, where their spark came from and what keeps them going. You'll love this interview with Christie if you like those things too.
4) Today I'll be visiting a uni-sex nude spa bath house in Baden Baden Germany. It's called the Friedrichsbad Spa. Should be interesting.
5) This Quote "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime". -Mark Twain
“Balance is a good thing, and harder to achieve than it seems like it should be! Be disciplined and do your best, but not to the point of isolating yourself from the world or people around you. In the end, it’s your experiences and the people you meet that will impact you more…”
Coming home from Yoga on a cold February day this year I’d just pulled into my neighborhood in the middle of the city of Greensboro when a fox crossed my path. I felt certain it was an omen and looked up the meaning of seeing a fox cross your path.
“I’m Kennedy Briane Currie, born and raised in Greensboro, NC, a believer, aspiring relationship coach, and founder of Herelationship–the networking platform devoted to early-career women looking to grow and incorporate faith into their personal and professional relationships.”
“if I had such an opportunity to pass on wisdom, I’d tell her to stop worrying so much about hurting other people’s feelings and to be true to herself above all else”
“To be yourself and own it with fearless confidence! Never listen to what that kid on the bus had to say to you and never force yourself to do something you never wanted to.”
Trust the process. Every day since those days had a purpose, a deeper meaning. Everything is a stepping stone. Something I still have to remind myself daily.
“Stand up for what you know is right. Read more, pray more, learn more, lay your worries down, and always be kind – even when you don’t want to.”
“sometimes the most beneficial way to love someone is to say no. Both my parents taught me the value of healthy boundaries to protect my energy and creativity and how to be bright and beautiful in a world hell bent on attempting to control our minds and spirits.”
“Everything you need is already within you.” Continue breathing life to the light that is within you. Even when that light goes dim inside of you, you always have the chance to make it brighter, warmer and extend that light to all of those around you.
“I’m so glad you were too stubborn and too curious to quit! I’m so proud of you! “