What's one thing making you smile this Friday morning? Me, I get to dog sit a miniature schnauzer named Zoey! I can't wait to snuggle her to pieces.
Here are today's 5 things...
1) I'm reading You are a Badass at Making Money. SOOO so GOOD!
2) Yesterday I went for a run and was feeling the seat work I had done in Pure Barre Greensboro (you know the good kinda pain in the ass) while I was listening to this FANTASTIC Podcast on the Lively Show. My Mindset has shifted 180 degrees because of this podcast on the law of attraction.
3) I've been eating 75% of the time like a pescetarian since the end of March. Meaning I might eat meat once a week if I'm out or at a friends house and they serve meat. But my friend served me the most delicious lentils Wednesday night and now I'm obsessing over Lentils. I'm trying this Lentil recipe this weekend.
4) I was moved to tears by my friend Betsy's writing published in "She Explores" last week. Nature, the outdoors, friendship and love are important and she writes about them so eloquently here.
5) Our very own Wise Woman Jessica Moore has a book coming out Guilt of a Sparrow and you can pre-order it. I got to beta read it before she sent it to publishers. If you like romance this one is a can't put down!
Happy Weekend Everyone!
“When we write about ourselves in the third person, it fools our brain into believing it a bit more. This is called cognitive distance, and it’s a really effective tool when we’re trying to change our thinking or patterns of behavior. The #1 thing I always write is “Lara loves herself.” It sounds so simple, but …”
“Everything you're dreaming, do it!!!”
“Slow down, listen to the wisdom of your heart. When making a decision, play it forward and make the best decision with the best information you have, listen to wise counsel. Be open to different ways of thinking, different people, change is good. Have courage, compassion & commitment.”
Clearly starting this company is risky…very risky…but a life without risks is no life at all. Many things that I have done in my life have taken a great deal of courage. I am glad that I am still willing to risk, and that I have never lost that ability (no matter how scared I am inside of failure…and I am!).
What would your life look like if you could feel more connected to your purpose? What would your life look like if you felt more connected to what gives life meaning for you?
Specially designed coaching with me uses creativity, journaling, worksheets, and strategic questions and reflections to help you identify exactly what you’re dissatisfied with, it will teach you how to identify and strengthen what’s most important to you, and it will help you build the road map from where you are to your biggest dreams and your most impactful life of purpose
“Knowing my children are watching me. I always tell them that can’t is a bad word and once you say it your brain shuts down. This means I can’t say can’t.”
Like a fantastic glass of wine with a delicious meal, a year ahead spread pairs perfectly with a Power Hour coaching session. Looking at a year ahead spread during a power hour gives you a different lens to talk about where you are and where you want to be. It’s a powerful game changer.
“there is no other way to truly get what you want in life than to earn it. I would tell myself that I am good enough just the way I am, I don’t have to be anyone or anything else in order to matter.”
“It is always important to remember why you are doing the work you are doing.
The same is true in life: It is KEY to identify what you want before you begin taking steps to get there.”
“Balance is a good thing, and harder to achieve than it seems like it should be! Be disciplined and do your best, but not to the point of isolating yourself from the world or people around you. In the end, it’s your experiences and the people you meet that will impact you more…”