Last week I admit that I have a bit of a book problem. I'm a voracious reader by all accounts. being an entrepreneur I’m always looking to books to solve problems, create efficent systems and help me build the movement and business I’m trying to build. Here are My top 5 favorite personal Development books. What would you add to the list?
Additionally, I always advocate getting books from your local bookstore. If you're here in Greensboro, NC Scuppernong Books is fantastic! But if you're in a pinch, or not close I've attached my affiliate links to these books.
5) The E-Myth: Why most small businesses don’t work and what to do about it. By Michael E. Gerber. This is a great book for entrepreneurs that are trying to implement systems and strategies to make their business run sustainably without them.
4) The Dream Manager By Matthew Kelly. This book is really about what it means to own a business that employs others. If you manage anyone this book is for you.
3) The Millionaire Messenger: Make a difference and a fortune selling your advice by Brendan Burchard. This book helps you identify your message, who you’re ideal client is, what your story is and how to sell your advice.
2) The Lean Start up: How today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses By Eric Ries. This is a great book on how you identify what is needed by the clients you want to serve. This is a foundational read for anyone who wants to embark into entrepreneurship or anyone who has a business idea and is curious about how to test their ideas.
1) Expert Secrets: The Underground playbook for creating a mass movement of people who will pay for your advice. By Russell Brunson. If you want to create a moment, or a community beyond clients this is the book for you. This book will inspire you to define your story, lead by example and do the work.
What would you add to this list? What are the books that have been most influential to our business or in your work?